Alpaca White Fur Hat Adult One Size Lined Interior.
- A fabulously chic way to counter winter's chill.
- Luxurious in soft baby alpaca fur; fully lined.
- Height 8", 9 1/2" middle across, 12" across brim, inside diameter 8"
- The Alpaca is a gentle and elegant animal, a smaller version of the llama.
- In Peru, the Alpaca has to cope with the icy cold of the high Andes and the burning heat of the plains.
- Its silky and luxurious fiber makes wonderfully soft and warm garments, which can be worn in warm or cold weather.
To touch and then to wear a 100 percent alpaca garment inspires superlatives, i.e., "stronger than mohair . . ." "finer than cashmere . . ." "smoother than silk . . ." "softer than cotton . . ." "warmer than goose down or the new synthetic fabrics like Gortex," and "breathes better than thermal knits."
In the process of obtaining the alpaca fur animals are not killed. The skins are obtained by the natural death of the species.
Our gorgeous alpaca fur hats are made especially for us in a remote Andean village. Join the jet set and be a snow princess this winter.
It is a relief to know that all our baby fur is derived solely and without exception from natural herd loss due to brutally cold temperatures. Farmers in the high Andes take great care to ensure their animals reach adulthood as alpaca fleeces are their principal source of income and the loss of an animal is a severe financial blow.